From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Friday, June 1, 2018

Not his M.O., how about yours?


Smith in 2018  (Photo by Erik Drost)
While the Twitter world sits in judgment on      J. R. Smith, LeBron James is moving on. 

Knowing all too well the destructive power of sideline snickers, James had this to say:  I would never give up on J. R.  That’s not my M.O.  I don’t give up on any of my players, any of my teammates.  I don’t think that even needs to be said.

Unfortunately, it does need to be said.  Over and over again.  Humans are a work in progress, and as such, quite prone to making mistakes.  If they don’t forgive one another, then who will? 

Let’s not tear each other down while praying for divine forgiveness. God works in mysterious ways, but is crystal clear about one guiding principle:  Love one another.  This includes faith and forgiveness, two qualities that enlighten any M.O.

Resources
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/01/jr-smith-blunder-mistake-nba-finals-game-1-warriors-cavs-lebron-james

Copyright June 1, 2018 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment