From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Bettah Etta


Young Leigh Hunt  (Engraving by H. Meyer)
There is a poem by Leigh Hunt, and it goes like this:  Jenny kissed me when we met,  Jumping from the chair she sat in;  Time, you thief, who love to get  Sweets into your list, put that in:  Say I’m weary, say I’m sad,  Say that health and wealth have missed me,  Say I’m growing old , but add  Jenny kissed me.

That was from the 19th century, but the magic continues.  Today we have Stanley and Etta, better known as Bettah Etta.

Stanley is 95 years old, and Etta is three.  They met at the assisted living facility where Stanley resides.  Etta took an instant liking to the elderly “veteran with a less than perfect memory.” 

Upon seeing him, she runs to wrap her arms around his neck.  Stanley then says, “I just adore her…  Bettah Etta.”

Resources
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/unlikely-friends-amazing-bond-between-toddler-and-95-year-old-veteran/ar-BBTzEGm?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=BHEA000


No comments:

Post a Comment