From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Sunday, July 12, 2020

No Putting Words in His Mouth

James in 2008  (by Keith Allison)
It seems ironic when freedom from oppression is being proclaimed via scripted speech.

The NBA recently decided that players could express their social-justice concerns by choosing from 29 pre-planned messages.  These messages were not created by the players themselves, but rather by the NBA powers that be.

LeBron James made a decision of his own.  He would choose his own messages, in his own way, in his own good time - thank you very much.  Having spent most of his life upholding social-justice issues, James feels that he knows best what his words should be.

He explained:  “Everything that I do has a purpose, has a meaning, so I don’t need to have something on the back of my jersey for people to understand my mission or know what I’m about and what I’m here to do.”

Resources



No comments:

Post a Comment