From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Friday, November 27, 2015

A young Muslim's 'Trump card'

Trump in 2015    (Photo by Gage Skidmore)
In response to Donald Trump’s campaign to track Muslims, a young woman who was “born in the U. S. to first-generation Syrian immigrants” felt it imperative to send him a written reply.

Here are some excerpts from her note to him:  I heard you wanted us to start wearing ID badges, so I decided to choose one for myself… I chose the peace sign because it represents my Islam…  I heard you want to track us as well.  Great!  You can come with me on my Cancer Awareness walks at the local middle school…  Maybe if you walk in my footsteps, you can see that I am not any less human than you are.

This young lady, Marwa Balkar, is determined to set the record straight about all of Islam’s compassionate aspects.  Balkar has pointed out the many acts of loving service that Muslims do, such as offering food to the homeless through her local mosque.

Every religion has its share of ruthless followers.  An entire group cannot be blamed for the evils that only a relative few perpetrate.

As Balkar so cogently concludes:  All these extremists are not me.  That’s not my religion.

Resources
http://www.today.com/news/no-less-american-you-muslim-woman-fires-back-donald-trump-t57796

Copyright November 27, 2015 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment