From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Damian Lillard's got a point: Well, many



Damian Lillard  (by Mikalan Moiso)
In Exodus 3:14 ESV, God emphasized, “I am who I am.”  Others can learn from that and not wish to be someone else.

Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard must have been studying this Bible passage lately, for he bristled while being favorably compared to Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry.

Most would be thrilled with such a comparison, but not Lillard.  He recently stated:  I respect Steph Curry because what he’s doing is amazing.  But I’m my own man…  You telling me I’m impersonating somebody by doing well at my job is disrespectful.

Michael Pina of Fox Sports explains that on most nights, Lillard is “a one-man offense in his own right.”  Although his stats are not as high as Curry’s, they are quite commendable.

There’s a lot to be said for being Damian Lillard, and Damian’s apparently Lillard enough to say it.

Resources
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/damian-lillard-calls-steph-curry-comparison-disrespectful/ar-AAgGipe?li=BBnb7Kz 

Copyright March 12, 2016 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment