From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Gisele Bundchen: A lady always knows

(Public Domain)
Perhaps Gisele Bundchen is a fan of the movie “Fried Green Tomatoes.”  She certainly seems in tune with one of its famous lines:  …a lady always knows when to leave.

E! Online reports that Bundchen has made up her mind to “step away from the runway.”  In a sense, she is doing so out of gratitude.  Her words:  Automatically, my body tells me if what I do is worth it, and it asked me to stop.

Certainly, a body that has garnered as much fame and fortune as Bundchen’s is worth listening to.  But so few heed the body’s warning signals, and fewer still display gratitude for the precious gift of physical health.

Bundchen explains:  I respect my body, it’s a privilege to be able to stop.  She will be “spending more time with her two children” in lieu of pushing to the hilt.

Seems to be an obviously great decision…  But how many in the prime of life have the wisdom and fortitude to forfeit some individual ambition for family gain?

It takes a lady, a true lady, to set those priorities straight.

Resources
http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/gisele-b%C3%BCndchen-explains-why-shes-really-retiring-from-the-runway-my-body-asked-me-to-stop/ar-AAaUIrb

Copyright April 14, 2015 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment