From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Saturday, January 6, 2018

The human body: What a gift!



  (Photo by TheNoseKnows2Much)
Where would you be without your body?  That is a question for religion.

In the meantime, psychologists suggest appreciating the one you have.  Rather than ogling legs that walk red carpets, thank the ones that walk you to the corner store.  While you’re at it, thank the eyes that view sunsets, the ears that hear music, the nose that sniffs flowers and the tongue that tastes pizza.

“But,” you say, “I wish that my legs were longer, my eyes bluer, my ears smaller and my nose shorter.”  Why is it that we tend to focus on body parts we don’t like?  Why don’t we instead proclaim, “My waist rivals Scarlett O’Hara’s and my curves Kim Kardashian's" (assuming they do)?

Reincarnation theory states that it takes oodles of time and effort to earn the human body. Why not give thanks for each and every part that is working so hard to see you through?    

Resources
http://www.healthbanks.com/PatientPortal/MyPractice.aspx?UAID={3832435F-CB0D-493C-AEB1-E9AF6161A975}&TabID={X}&ArticleID=729634

Copyright January 6 , 2018 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment