From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Saturday, September 2, 2017

'Prenatal' Jesus



3D Ultrasound at 29 Weeks   (PD)
There are a number of “prenatal” biblical passages.  Jeremiah 1:5 proclaims:  Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.  And Paul tells the Galatians in 1:15: God… set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace.

Now you don’t have to be a biblical prophet to be known in the womb.  Today’s ultrasound makes it possible to probe uterine mysteries.  Such techniques reveal biological features,
and occasionally something more.

Before viewing their youngest child’s ultrasound, Zak Smith and Alicia Zeek were quite nervous.  Their other two children had been born with physical challenges – the oldest with “two thumbs on one hand,” and the next with “a cleft lip and palate.”

But as soon as Zeek viewed this ultrasound, she felt elated.  There, off to one side, was an image that looked like the face of Jesus.  Smith “was equally astounded.”  He exclaimed, “This is distinct – I mean, there’s another face looking at my daughter!”

Whether or not it’s Jesus, an angel, or simply an upbeat vision, this image has meant the world (and beyond) to these parents.  After “posting the ultrasound image on Facebook,” Zeek gave birth to a healthy baby girl.    

Resources
http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/can-you-see-why-everyones-so-obsessed-with-this-ultrasound/ar-AAqEa7s?li=BBnbcA0&ocid=BHEA000

Copyright September 2, 2017 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment