From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Friday, April 1, 2022

Enough is Enough

Carrey in 2009   (Photo by Georges Biard)
Retirement can be daunting – and often confusing.  Just when you think you’ve had enough, the urge to have more, do more, and be more strikes again.

To Jim Carrey’s credit, he’s been seriously thinking this through.  While considering retirement from acting, he's affirmed, “I have enough, I’ve done enough, I am enough.”

Those last three words are particularly rare, especially within the celebrity world.

So what would Carrey do instead?  He explained, “I really like my quiet life and I really like putting paint on canvas and I really love my spiritual life…” 

Resources

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/jim-carrey-retiring-acting-1235220945/


No comments:

Post a Comment