From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Monday, July 27, 2015

Trump a Presbyterian who 'loves God'

Trump in February 2015   (Photo by Gage Skidmore)
At a recent Iowa Family Leadership Summit,
presidential candidate Donald Trump was asked about his religious beliefs.

With characteristic outspokenness, “The Donald” blurted his way through some answers.  Emphatic about being Presbyterian and loving God, Trump was less firm on the subject of divine forgiveness.

When specifically asked whether he had asked God for forgiveness, Trump replied, “I am not sure I have.  I just go on and try to do a better job from there.  I don’t think so.”

Although falling short of Calvinistic ideals, Trump’s answer was certainly not the worst of all possible responses.  Besides, it was soon to be revised.

Charisma Reports states that Trump followed through with this explanation:  …when I drink my little wine… and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness.  I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed.  OK?

To which we say: "Just OK?  Why not A-OK?"

Resources
http://www.charismanews.com/us/50654-donald-trump-says-he-loves-god-but-is-unsure-if-he-s-asked-forgiveness

Copyright July 27, 2015 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment