From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Chipotle: Wisdom to go

Brandon, Florida Chipotle  (Photo by proshob)
During a recent layover at Baltimore-Washington International Airport, I needed to grab some lunch.

Let’s just say that in the long line of fast-food places, there didn’t seem to be too many healthful options.

When I saw the Chipotle sign, I was therefore relieved.  Here was an opportunity to choose such items as brown rice and tofu. 

As I sat down with my plateful of of steaming vittles, I noticed something even more nourishing.  It was a   “Two-Minute Alchemy” tale by Paulo Coelho, printed right on the brown bag that Chipotle had placed the food in.

This Coelho tale told the story of a pitcher with cracks that yielded blessings.  If that weren’t enlightening enough, the “flip-side” of the bag featured this Coelho quote:  “We all, at some point, grow old and acquire other qualities, and these can always be turned to good advantage.”

While cleaning up after all that salsa-laden food, I noticed these printed words:  “This napkin is made from 90% post-consumer recycled unbleached paper.  It could have been an electricity bill or a parking ticket in its past life.  Forgive and forget.”

Satiated in body, mind and spirit, I ran to catch my next plane.  Who knew that a hurried lunch could be that fulfilling?

Resources
http://cultivatingthought.com/author/paulo-coelho/

Copyright May 23, 2015 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment