From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Stephen Hawking: a Facebook first

Hawking in Zero Gravity   (NASA photo)
Facebook just got a whole lot wiser.  Live Science reports that famed physicist Stephen Hawking recently made his very first entry on to that popular site.

So what would this genius choose to share with the world by way of a Facebook introduction?  The answer comes as no surprise – Hawking characteristically dove right into his favorite topic.

First sentence:  I have always wondered what makes the universe exist.

Final sentence:  Be curious, I know I will forever be.

Wow, and wow again.

Nevertheless, Hawking’s down-to-earth practicality was also very much featured within an accompanying Facebook video.

While explaining why he himself didn’t take part in the recent ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Hawking stated:  Because I had pneumonia last year, it would not be wise for me to have a bucket of cold water poured over me.

Resources
http://www.livescience.com/48443-stephen-hawking-joins-facebook.html

Copyright October 28, 2014 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved




No comments:

Post a Comment