From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Monday, September 15, 2014

Memory in a Bottle

(Photo by Zereshk)
From Joan Rivers’ recent hoopla of a funeral to simple memorial services,
there are all sorts of ways to honor those who have passed on.  Every now and then, a particularly creative idea gets put into motion.

Such was the occurrence when Melvin Stanley Clary died this past April.  His bereaved family not only scattered his ashes into the sea, but also launched a “memory bottle” with a photo and a message for those who find it.

ABC News reports that the message reads as follows:  Today My Family
is laying me to rest in a place that I love… the ocean.  If you find this
message in a bottle please go to my Facebook page… post a pic of yourself and where you found me and send me back on my journey.

It didn’t take long for someone 30 miles away to find the bottle.  It had washed ashore along the California coast.  This person followed instructions and posted a message on the Facebook page.  The bottle now continues its journey.

The family is eagerly awaiting further contacts.  Clary’s daughter, Nancy Souza, stated:  I think he [Clary] would think it’s pretty cool that he’s still touching people’s lives.  

Resources
http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-honors-mans-memory-modern-message-bottle/story?id=25427901

Copyright September 15, 2014 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved




  

No comments:

Post a Comment