From ancient byways to modern highways, glimpses of faith are everywhere...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor: Back to the Light


(Ascent of the Blessed)
Neither diamonds nor spotlights could match the glow of Elizabeth Taylor’s near death experiences (NDEs).

The most compelling of these NDEs came during surgery in the 1950s.  While Elizabeth was being pronounced dead on the operating table, she was actually feeling more alive than ever.  During an interview with America’s AIDS Magazine, Taylor recalled:  I went to that tunnel, saw the white light, and Mike [Todd].  I said, Oh Mike you’re where I want to be…  She further elaborated upon this experience during an interview with Diane Sawyer.  Elizabeth described this other realm as so beautiful, warm and welcoming that it was very difficult for her to return to earth.  When she was finally able to once again appreciate the blessings of this world, she heartily thanked God for them.

These types of NDE “side effects” are quite common.  Based upon personal experience and research findings, Matthew Dovel also reports post-NDE increases in these areas:  empathy, telepathy, precognition, remote viewing, clairaudience, and clairvoyance.  In addition, Dovel reports stronger rapports with children and animals, but not with machinery.  In fact, watches have often quit within days of post-NDE wearing.

Elizabeth also talked about her ability to communicate with the animal world.  As she explained to America’s
AIDS Magazine:  I have a little dog, Sugar, and I know she has a soul.  We communicate and she understands every word I’m saying to her.

Taylor also shared her primary post-NDE response:  Not poor me, but, What am I to learn from this lesson?  NDEs had made her quite fearless about death, since she had already “been there, done that.”  DenDen reports that - when asked in 2004 if she were afraid of death - Taylor replied:  No. I consult with God, my maker.  And I don’t have a lot of problems to work out.  I’m pretty squared away. 

Resources

http://www.aumag.org/coverstory/feb03cover.html
http://www.mylastbreath.com/side_effects_of_nde.htm
http://forums.denden.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22827
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/remembering-elizabeth-taylor-13202173

Copyright March 24, 2011 by Linda Van Slyke   All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment